Some Recent Sewing

Posted on
Contrary to what it may seem on this blog, I have actually been sewing and crafting. It just seems that nothing gets photographed in a timely manner. First up, I was a pattern tester for Brynnberlee Designs. I made the Kimberly dress using the Strawberry Fields fabric I’ve been hoarding. I think it turned out well and a lady at church even thought it was something from Gap Kids 🙂 So that’s a success in my book- not looking homemade. A very cute pattern and easy since there aren’t any zippers or buttons to deal with.
I didn’t get that great of pictures since M was just getting over Roseola and wasn’t in the best of moods. As evidenced here: 
Next up was a dress to match M’s dress for family pictures. I call it the Pink Lemonade dress. I knew I couldn’t get away with just a yellow dress so I added the contrasting pink. The pattern is a modified version of Prudent Baby’s Snappy Toddler Top. I wish I had made the top bands a little wider but I think it came out pretty good. I enlarged the pattern by hand and cleaned it up a little since it wasn’t symmetrical (which drives me nuts). A usually wears a 5T so I added 1 inch to the width of the top itself and about that to the front and back bands. Now I need to figure out matching hairpieces.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.