Serger Stuff

Posted on

I finally got the serger back from the repair shop and everything seems to be working. Now I think my problem is operator error. It’s just going to take some time to figure out where to set the tension based on what I’m trying to do. The first project up was a set of napkins for my grandparents’ picnic basket. It’s a Burlington Basket Co. Hawkeye basket and I love it. So, after attempting to make a rolled hem using the normal hemming foot (I took off the normal foot to put on the rolled hem foot and ended up putting the normal one on again) which doesn’t work that well, I eventually got something that resembled a rolled hem. And they turned out pretty good for my first attempt. Only one of them ended up smaller than the rest, because I had to redo one side. I took a picture of the tension dial settings so I hopefully will have a starting point for my next rolled hem project. I’d rather not have to reinvent the wheel each time I want to do a project.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *